|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Contents of the bags are incomplete and/or outdated.
A bag of holding has an interior space considerably larger than its outer dimensions, roughly two feet in diameter at the mouth and four feet deep. One bag can hold up to five hundred pounds, not exceeding a volume of sixty-four cubic feet. Each bag weighs fifteen pounds, regardless of the contents within it.
According to Allura Vysoren, who used to occupy her time by making bags of holding, when such a bag is destroyed (for example, by placing one bag into another), its contents are jettisoned into the Astral Sea.
Vox Machina's Bags Edit
Vox Machina obtained its first bag of holding as loot from an ancient druid barrow around sixth level. The group later learned of a bag of holding's limitations when they tried to store a creature, Dork the Ox, inside their bag. Anything living that gets stored inside a bag of holding dies. They also learned from Lady Allura that, if a bag of holding is destroyed, its contents are jettisoned into the Astral Sea.
Later, Tiberius purchased a bag of holding. Vex'ahlia kept a special "bag of colding" from the Slayer's Take that preserves biological samples. Taryon brought his own bag of holding when he joined up with Vox Machina.
Grog's Bag of Holding Edit
- Basilisk Eggs (3)
- Boots of Levitation
- Carpet of Flying (no longer enchanted)
- Dragon Blood (3 cups)
- Dragon Eye
Dragon Teeth (37)(bartered to a potion salesman in Vasselheim for a Potion of Stone Giant Strength)
- "Expensive-ass Wine" (40 cases)
- Robe of Flaying
- Robe of Infinite Twine
Anna Ripley's mechanical hand(delivered to Treev Bonebreaker)
Vex'ahlia's Bag of Colding Edit
When Vox Machina's first subgroup embarked on the trial for membership into the Slayer's Take guild, Murtin Cyndrial temporarily loaned the party a special satchel. The bag featured an over-the-shoulder strap that opened and closed through a series of metal snap-buttons across the top, and the interior resembled that of a normal bag of holding. Murtin explained that perishable items kept inside should be preserved for "[...] a few weeks, at the very least."
When Murtin asked which party member would take the bag, Grog immediately laid claim, but the group rejected his offer since he already had the regular bag of holding. Vex'ahlia and Zahra Hydris then simultaneously jumped at the chance, settling the dispute by roshambo; Vex's rock won against Zahra's scissors, so she quickly took it from Zahra and strapped it across her back.
Tiberius's Bag of Holding Edit
Taryon's Bag of Holding Edit
- Unknown amount of platinum pieces
- Healing Draught
- ↑ See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) from 0:51:53 through 0:52:25.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer stated that Vox Machina's first bag of holding was looted from an ancient druid barrow.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer estimated that Vox Machina acquired their first bag of holding around sixth level.
- ↑ See "Aramenté to Pyrah" (2x06) from 1:08:45 through 1:10:20.
- ↑ See "Stoke the Flames" (3x07) at 1:28:50.
- ↑ See "A Cycle of Vengeance" (5x02) from 2:09:46 through 2:11:40.
- ↑ See "Daring Days" (7x02).
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 0:34:27.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 0:35:23.
- ↑ See "Passed Through Fire" (5x13) from 0:10:15 through 0:10:34.
- ↑ Vox Machina discovered Tiberius's body in the ruins of Draconia. See "The Frigid Doom" (5x08). He most likely died during or after Vorugal's initial attack in "Return to Vasselheim" (4x05).