A beholder is a powerful creature that originated in the Far Realm.
An evil aberration, a beholder's body consists of a hovering skull with a wide and toothy maw, an enormous central eye, and ten independently moving eyes at the end of their own eyestalks.
- Immunities: The "prone" condition.
- Senses: Darkvision.
- Languages: Deep Speech; Undercommon.
- Antimagic Cone: The beholder can negate magic within a 150-ft cone in front of its central eye.
- Also negates the effects of its own eye rays within that area.
- Bite: The beholder can bite at a target with its giant, toothy maw.
- Eye Rays: A beholder has ten different eyes attached to its head, each of which can emit a different magical ray at separately selected targets.
- Legendary Action: A beholder can use one of its eye rays at the end of another character's turn.
Known Beholders Edit
- K'Varn came to the Material Plane through a rift between dimensions, bringing a Horn of Orcus with him.
- Unknown beholder (possibly called Yar'Voss[spelling?] based on what its servant said as it died) in "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06).
- Due to Beholders being Product Identity of Wizards of the Coast under the Open Game Licence, they are replaced with unspecified extraplanar aberrations in the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Guide.