Byron is a gnome druid and the self-appointed guardian of a young roc near Emon. As an NPC, he is played by Matthew Mercer.
Byron is a thin gnome, with tousled, greasy black hair that hangs past his shoulders, covering his bedraggled and bearded face. He wears hides, roughly crafted leathers, and furs.
Byron came upon a young roc in the Cliffkeep Mountains, the last surviving member of its clutch, its mother having been killed by giants. He decided to care for the creature, relocating it and helping it find food.
"Consequences and Cows" (3x03) Edit
Vox Machina encountered Byron when they were chasing after the roc that had been stealing cattle from the farms north of Emon. The druid was immediately wary and distrustful, believing that they had come to slay his roc. Over the course of a very tense conversation, Vox Machina—mostly thanks to Keyleth and Scanlan—managed to convince Byron to take the roc to Vasselheim, where it could hunt freely in the Vesper Timberland and possibly live under the protection of the Slayer's Take.
When the morning came, Vox Machina left two cows on the outskirts of the farms as provisions for the roc. They saw the giant bird swoop down, pick them up, and fly off over the Ozmit Sea towards Othanzia.
Character Information Edit
- Cure Wounds
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 3:38:10.
- ↑ Byron can cast 2nd-level spells, meaning he is at least a level 3 druid.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 3:20:43.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 3:30:09.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) from 3:39:25 through 3:41:59.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 3:46:30.