|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Current Members Edit
- Seeker Assum Emring
- Guardian Tofor Brotoras
- Hearthmaker Theadorn Krazz
- Arbiter Brom Goldhand
- Arcanist Allura Vysoren
- Vox Machina
- Coinmistress Hanna Wasseran
Former Members Edit
Those who left the council typically fell into one of two groups: the honorable who died in service to Tal'Dorei, and the dishonorable who were outed as traitors and killed or executed.
- General Krieg (deceased; died in battle)
- Lord Riskel Daxio (deceased; executed)
- Lornak Syfe (removed due to involvement with the Clasp)
Major Events Edit
Throughout the course of their adventures, Vox Machina was privy to several major events that shaped the Council of Tal'Dorei.
Demonic Influence Edit
Shortly after their arrival in Emon, Vox Machina was asked by Syldor Vessar to investigate the disappearance of one of the members of the council, Sir Gregory Fince. He disappeared in the wake of an assassination attempt on the life of the Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei, and Syldor's diplomatic mission was suffering in his absence. Vox Machina investigated, finding demons and the tortured corpse of Sir Gregory.
However, they also found Sir Gregory's notes about the recent assassination attempt. The notes raised suspicions regarding both the Sovereign's family and General Krieg, who was said to have thwarted the assassination. Vax'ildan forged a letter in order to gain an audience with General Krieg. The meeting raised more questions than it answered, and after allying with Allura Vysoren, another member of the Tal'Dorei Council, they utilized a scrying spell to discover that the Tal'Dorei family was under the influence of a demonic force.
After defeating the dragon, Vox Machina rejoined Allura to strike against the demonic powers at work. During the conflict, the mastermind behind the corruption, a treachery demon (glabrezu) called Jurazel, revealed himself and attacked the group. After defeating the demon and restoring the souls of the Tal'Dorei family, Sovereign Uriel rewarded Vox Machina with seats on the council, a parade in their honor, and the construction of a keep. Vox Machina accepted and named their new home Greyskull Keep.
Fallout from Whitestone Edit
During the Briarwoods' diplomatic visit to Emon, both Sovereign Uriel and Seeker Assum were charmed by Sylas Briarwood. Keyleth dispelled the charm on Assum through the use of Greater Restoration, but Sovereign Uriel, still under the charm, removed Vox Machina from the council pending further investigation.
Vox Machina, in an effort to clear the group's name, journeyed to Whitestone to gather evidence and/or eliminate the threat posed by the Briarwoods. Their efforts culminated in the deaths of several enemies, including Lord and Lady Briarwood, as well as the discovery of letters linking Lord Riskel Daxio to the Briarwoods.
Upon returning to Emon with the letters, Vox Machina discovered that the charm had lifted from Sovereign Uriel, and the group was restored to the council. Uriel ordered that Lord Riskel Daxio be arrested. Vox Machina tracked him to the Clasp's headquarters, subdued him, and brought him before Uriel, where he was executed by Grog after a brief interrogation.
The Conclave Descends Edit
In the wake of not one but two successful attempts to control the council through subterfuge and magical manipulation, Uriel decided to step down as sovereign of Emon. His intention was to leave the council with the responsibility of leading the nation. However, as he was making this announcement to a crowd in the Cloudtop District, Emon was attacked by the Chroma Conclave, sending the city and Vox Machina into a panic.
After the initial attack, Vox Machina began to search the city for Gilmore and other survivors. They arrived at the ruins of Gilmore's Glorious Goods and found a secret underground bunker where Sherri, Empresses Salda Tal'Dorei, the Tal'Dorei children, and a wounded Gilmore were hiding. Empress Salda said that she believed Uriel died during the attack, but that Gilmore was able to save her and her children.
After Pike healed him, Gilmore told the story of how he was able to save Salda, her children, Seeker Assum, and Tofor Brotoras; however, Uriel stayed behind to help others to safety. When Gilmore went back to retrieve the sovereign, he found Uriel's dead body. He also recounted that Arbiter Brom Goldhand met his end during the attack, along with the majority of the palace guard and Cloudtop District denizens.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 36.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 6:23 through 7:59.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 12:17 through 12:39.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 13:50 through 15:18.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 15:30 through 18:27.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 20:08 through 20:13.
- ↑ See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (3x14) from 01:04:26 through 01:04:52.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) from 00:53:40 through 00:56:15.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 0:56:50.
- ↑ See "Reunions" (3x10), part 2, from 0:29:11 through 0:31:54.
- ↑ See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (3x14).
- ↑ See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (3x14) from 01:11:11 through 01:12:48.
- ↑ See "Echoes of the Past" (3x15) at 29:30.
- ↑ See "Omens" (4x01) at 03:26:27.
- ↑ See "In Ruins" (4x03) from 02:20:00 through 02:24:22.
- ↑ See "In Ruins" (4x03) at 02:30:02.
- ↑ See "In Ruins" (4x03) at 02:33:00.