|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Doty was humanoid in shape, about eight-and-half feet tall and lanky. He looked like he had been frequently repaired, with many scratch and scuff marks that were most likely the result of acting out fantasy battles with Taryon.
In an attempt to create a disguise for Doty, Taryon glued Shayne Tranter's hair to him to create a wig and goatee. A mask was then added so Doty ended up with a "secret goatee" under the mask. The hair was later removed, although traces of the goatee were still there.
Taryon was Doty's creator and master. Doty faithfully transcribed all of Taryon's words and actions into the book he carried with him. The human built him when he was 27 years old and considered the construct to be his best friend. The two of them often acted out battles from the stories that Taryon had read.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- Because Doty was capable of writing, he was technically smarter than Grog Strongjaw.
- Sam said that when he pitched the idea for Taryon he told Matt that he wanted to have a follower that would be his biographer. The Artificer class (which Matt had recommended) has a mechanical companion, typically in the form of an animal. They altered the stats a little (took some points from strength to add to intelligence) so that he could write.
- ↑ Spelling of "Doty" confirmed by Sam Riegel. (source)
- ↑ Taryon said he built Doty when he was 27 years old. See "Daring Days" (7x02).
- ↑ See "Bats out of Hell" (7x09) at 2:23:03.
- ↑ See "Daring Days" (7x02).
- ↑ See "Voice of the Tempest" (7x06).
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #13: 'A Bard's Lament' and 'Daring Days'" (TMx13).