|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Duergar, also known as gray dwarves, are a race of dwarves that live in the Underdark.
Creature Information Edit
Duergar are characterized by ash-gray-colored skin and white, pupil-less eyes. They seem to have very similar technological styles to the dwarves, though every structure and weapon they make is made up of only stone and metal. The duergar also seem to use a monarchy system of leadership, having an established king and queen within their society. They are considered evil, and are mortal enemies of the dwarves.
Some duergar apparently have domesticated basilisks as weapons to be used in combat.
The duergar have their own gods, at least one of which is known:
- Laduguer: God of power, strength, and conquest. Supposedly freed the duergar from the illithid's control.
Known Duergar Edit
- King Murghol: King of Emberhold and a formidable fighter, he was decapitated by Scanlan in combat.
- Queen Ulara: Queen of Emberhold and a magic-user, she was psychically killed by K'Varn.
- Unnamed General: Head of the duergar army underneath Kraghammer, he was killed by Clarota, who consumed his brain.
Duergar have natural abilities that enhance them physically when in combat. This makes them formidable fighters.
- Increase Size
- Dark Vision
- Magic Resistance
External Links Edit
- Duergar on the Forgotten Realms Wikia (Forgotten Realms lore is not canon to Critical Role)