An Earring of Whisper is a gemmed and enchanted item that delivers and receives Message spells to and from the other connected earrings within five hundred feet. To send a message, the wearer must activate the earring by touching it, although it will passively receive messages. Tiberius Stormwind designed the Earrings of Whisper and created five for Vox Machina in the pre-stream adventures. An additional earring was enchanted by Allura Vysoren.
When Vox Machina regularly had seven or eight active members, the party divided the earrings amongst themselves strategically. With Tiberius's departure (and later death) and Pike Trickfoot's frequent absences from the group, the remaining six active members each began wearing an earring at all times.
Notable Uses Edit
|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
- Vax'ildan used an Earring of Whisper to alert Vox Machina to his capture by the Briarwoods through the inaugural use of their new emergency codeword, "jenga".
- ↑ See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) at 0:43:10.
- ↑ See "Strange Bedfellows" (1x03) at 0:41:15.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer confirmed on Reddit that the range on the Earring of Whisper is 500 feet. (source)
- ↑ Allura gave Tiberius a newly-enchanted Earring of Whisper that he had previously requested. See "Consequences and Cows" (3x03) at 1:09:15.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (3x02) at 0:28:36.