Exandria is the name of the world on which most events of Critical Role take place. Exandria exists in the Material Plane, although it features connections to other planes of existence, such as the portals to the elemental planes guarded by the Ashari.
Many different languages were spoken across Exandria. Common was the most widely spoken among humanoids, though most races also had their own language.
See History of Exandria.
- Gwessar / Tal'Dorei: A northern continent which contains the kingdom of Tal'Dorei.
- Issylra: A continent northwest of Tal'Dorei that features the region of Othanzia, which includes Vasselheim and Pyrah.
- Marquet: A southern continent of mountains and approximately 70% desert, there are few bastions of civilization to be found aside from Ank'Harel.
- The Shattered Teeth: while not technically a continent, this archipelago of 43 islands lies southeast of Tal'Dorei (beyond a fog bank called the "Fool's Curtain")
- The Underdark: This subterranean region is isolated and distinct from the political, social, economic, and environmental regions of the surface world.
- Wildemount: Located to the northeast of Tal'Dorei, this continent is largely isolated and, outside of Draconia, has little contact and next to no trade with the outside world.
Bodies of Water Edit
- One moon is similar in appearance to Earth's Moon, though it is closer to Exandria and appears larger in the sky.
- The other moon appears smaller in Exandria's sky due to the farther distance, and its reddish-purple color contributes to a dimmer glow. Lycanthropy is relatively unaffected by this moon in comparison to the closer moon.
- ↑ Map of Exandria source.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Matthew Mercer explained that Exandria is the name of the world and it has two moons (source).
- ↑ See "Critical Role Panel w/ Matthew Mercer and Mary E. McGlynn from MomoCon" from 32:58 through 34:30.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer confirmed that Exandria is the world, Issylra is a continent, and Othanzia is a region in Issylra.
- ↑ Marquet was introduced in Chapter 3. See "Echoes of the Past" (3x15) from 2:24:19 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer stated that Exandria has two moons. See "The Midnight Chase" (9x03) at 0:51:48.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Matthew Mercer described Exandria's two moons (source).
- ↑ Matthew Mercer clarified that the distant moon doesn't affect lycanthropy compared to the closer moon (source).