There are two versions of the archetype: a professional version is available for purchase at Dungeon Masters Guild and a free version.
Gunslingers gain proficiency with firearms, thus are able to add their proficiency bonus to firearm attacks. Later they gain proficiency with tinker’s tools, allowing them to craft ammunition, repair damaged firearms, or even draft and create them.
Grit and Deeds Edit
At the end of each short rest, a Gunslinger gains a number of Grit points equal to their Wisdom Modifier (minimum 1). The Gunslinger can regain Grit points by scoring a critical hit or a killing blow with a firearm. Gunslingers use Grit points to perform Deeds. Some deeds are instant bonuses or attacks, while others are bonuses that can last for a period of time. Some deeds last as long as the Gunslinger has 1 Grit Point. A Gunslinger can only use Deeds that they meet the required level for, and cannot combine multiple Deeds into a single attack.
- Deeds include:
- Deadeye (advantage on attack rolls)
- Quick Draw (initiative bonus)
- Violent Shot (firearms do additional damage at the cost of increased chance to misfire[n 1])
- Trick Shot (target a specific location on a foe’s body with a firearm)
- Lightning Reload (can reload a one-handed or two-handed firearm as a bonus action)
- Cheat Death
- Mortal Shot (increases damage on critical hit)
- ↑ Whenever the firearm is fired, if the dice roll is equal to or lower than the Misfire number of the weapon, it misfires, the attack misses, and it cannot be used to attack again until cleared or repaired.