Nott, also known as Nott the Brave, is a goblin rogue. She is played by Sam Riegel.
Nott hides in the shadows a lot because she knows goblins are not welcome in this part of the Dwendalian Empire. She has been described as "jumpy" and gets nervous very easily. Nott has kleptomaniacal tendencies that she seems to temper by drinking alcohol.
Nott is originally from a goblin clan that typically roams around Felderwin Village. She had a falling out with her goblin clan, so she avoids the Felderwin area.
Nott apparently saved Caleb's life before they met the rest of the group.
Five or six months before the party met in Trostenwald, she and Caleb escaped from prison.
Chapter 1 Edit
Caleb is Nott's travel companion. Caleb has said he owes a lot to Nott for having saved his life. The two are very protective of each other.
Nott and Caleb apparently have a number of practiced cons that they presumably engage in in order to procure coin, including The Money Pot, Rat Food, Prince and the Pauper, and Spider Eyes. After coming under scrutiny for the incident at the carnival, Caleb asked Nott to refrain from any cons for the time being.
Jester and Nott quickly took a liking to each other. Jester offered to help Nott steal things, and encouraged Nott to try to pickpocket her. Later, they teamed up while investigating the carnival.
Nott commented on Yasha's size, possibly intimidated by it. Later, she gave her flowers in the hopes that the large woman would not "kill" her.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- Nott's Mask
- Hand Crossbow
- Platinum Flask
- Brass Baby Bottle
- Brass Door Knob
- Small Vase
- Plain Flask (reacquired)
Goblin Abilities Edit
- Fury of the Small
- Nimble Escape
Rogue Abilities Edit
- Cunning Action
- Expertise (Sleight of Hand, Stealth)
- Roguish Archetype: Arcane Trickster
- Mage Hand Legerdemain
- Sneak Attack
- Thieves' Cant
Wizard Spells Edit
As a 3rd-level Arcane Trickster, Nott knows three wizard cantrips and three 1st-level wizard spells. She can replace the spells she knows when she gains a level.
- "I LOVE TRINKETS!" (a not-at-all ironic quote in-character as Nott)
- "This is fine." (said while inside a burning building)
- "I'll be part of this Fjord Expedition." (a pun on Fjord's name and a model of car by Ford Motors)
- "Will this be a Fjord Expedition or a Fjord Escape?"
- Nott is the fourth player character to be a different gender from their player, and the first to be a regular party member in an ongoing campaign.
- "Nott" is also the name of the Norse goddess of night and the grandmother of Thor.
- Nott is a kleptomaniac. Her statement that she just loves "trinkets" is an inside joke about Trinket, Vex'ahlia's bear companion from The Campaign of Vox Machina, toward whom Sam Riegel and his previous character Scanlan Shorthalt were frequently disdainful.
- As Nott has been described as a "goblin girl", and goblins mature into adulthood by age 12, it is possible that Nott is younger than age 12.
External Links Edit
- ↑ See "The Howling Mines" (9x06) at 2:52:15. Nott casts Mage Hand.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (9x05) at 42:31. Nott casts Message.
- ↑ See "The Howling Mines" (9x06) at 2:02:29. Nott casts Shocking Grasp.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (9x05) at 1:25:18. Nott casts Silent Image.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (9x05) at 2:39:10. Nott casts Tasha's Hideous Laughter.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (9x05) at 1:56:19.