- For episode 80 (chapter 6, episode 11), see Raishan (episode).
|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Needs Raishan's backstory from "Trust" (6x01).
Disguised as a fifteen-year-old human girl, Raishan came to Pyrah about four years before the Chroma Conclave attacked Emon, where she joined the Fire Ashari. Cerkonos noticed that she did not seem to mature like a normal human and saw that she possessed great power but he did not realize her true nature as a green dragon.
Around the time of the Winter's Crest festival following the defeat of the Briarwoods, Raishan somehow helped release Thordak by ripping open a rift to the Elemental Plane of Fire in the side of the volcano.
Raishan encountered Vox Machina when she and the rest of the Chroma Conclave interrupted Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei III's abdication speech and laid waste to a large group of Tal'Dorei Council members and other political and economic elites in Emon. Uriel died from this attack, Gilmore was wounded, and some members of Vox Machina nearly died, as well.
"Desperate Measures" (4x02) Edit
The next day, after losing her connection to the teleportation sigils in Westruun, Lady Allura scryed across Tal'Dorei, revealing to Vox Machina that eastern towns, including Westruun, had, indeed, been conquered, presumably by Raishan and Umbrasyl.
"The Frigid Doom" (5x08) Edit
For some time after the initial attack, Raishan seemed to disappear, with nobody seeing or hearing anything about her current activities. Jarett Howarth explained to Vox Machina that attempts to scry Raishan's location had been hindered.
"Passed Through Fire" (5x13) Edit
Raishan finally reappeared in Whitestone, where she revealed to Vox Machina that she had taken the form of Asum Emring. She proposed an alliance of sorts with Vox Machina, saying that she wanted to take down the Cinder King, Thordak.
"The Coming Storm" (6x04) Edit
"Clash at Daxio" (6x08) Edit
"The Siege of Emon" (6x09) Edit
Raishan assisted Vox Machina in the battle against Thordak. After the red dragon was slain, Raishan walked up to his corpse and began casting a spell from a scroll. Vax'ildan then attacked her, having been told by Keyleth not to let the green dragon touch Thordak's corpse. Raishan fled deeper into Thordak's lair. Vax, Vex, and Keyleth chased after her and entered a lava-filled cavern containing five strange crystalline dragon eggs. From her position at the ceiling of the cavern, Raishan cast Meteor Swarm and dealt some heavy damage to the half-elves.
The rest of Vox Machina and their allies made their way down into Thordak's lair to join the fight with Raishan. Scanlan used the flute given to him by J'mon Sa Ord and the brass dragon soon arrived to aid them. During the fight, Raishan dealt heavy damage to Vox Machina, forcing them to focus on healing each other rather than attacking her. Both Vex'ahlia and Scanlan were temporarily killed during the battle. When most of them were laying injured or unconscious on the ground, Raishan took the opportunity to escape, taking two of the dragon eggs with her and teleporting away with Thordak's corpse.
"What Lies Beneath the Surface" (6x12) Edit
After Raishan's escape, Keyleth scryed on her and saw Raishan had fled to an island in the middle of an ocean. In the caverns underneath that island was a laboratory full of bookshelves. Within that laboratory, Keyleth saw Thordak's corpse, the two dragon eggs, and Raishan in the form of a humanoid woman with long green hair, furiously searching through the books then tossing them aside.
"Deadly Echoes" (6x13) Edit
Vox Machina infiltrated the island where Raishan was and eventually came upon the dragon still in her humanoid form and still looking through books.
"The Deceiver's Stand" (6x14) Edit
Vox Machina began their second battle against Raishan. Although the group had fully rested, so had the dragon, and she rained devastation down on the party with multiple powerful spells, including Meteor Swarm. During the battle, Raishan once again killed Scanlan. Keyleth managed to hit her with a successful Feeblemind spell, reducing the ancient dragon to a mindless beast and preventing her from using any more spells. Nevertheless, Raishan still managed get another kill, this time gutting Percy. Shortly after, Raishan's life was brought to an end by a fierce hammer blow from Kerrek.
Raishan thought very little of Keyleth, considering her just another insect among many. She seemed to delight in taunting her over the destruction of the Fire Ashari and treating her like a child, which served to further enrage the druid. Keyleth later begrudgingly agreed to the alliance that Raishan had proposed to kill Thordak, but she still reminded the dragon that the last thing she will see is Keyleth's face before she dies.
In their last encounter Keyleth spoke up against the dragon, the druid keeping her anger in check and mentioning her hope that during her very long lifetime she does not become like her, and she even gave Raishan a chance to surrender and be brought to justice, a far outcry from their first proper encounter in Whitestone weeks before. Raishan refused the offer and instead attempted to kill or enslave them all, but her overconfidence and arrogance became her undoing as Keyleth effectively neutralized her with Feeblemind, destroying her very identity and intellect.
Character Information Edit
- +14 constitution save modifier
- Minor Illusion
- Melf's Acid Arrow
- Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting
- Meteor Swarm
Notable Items Edit
Unknown scroll; cast a spell that looked similar to Speak with Dead (used on Thordak's corpse)
- Raishan was the third member of the Chroma Conclave encountered by Vox Machina[presumed] (the first being Brimscythe, whom they slew before the Critical Role stream, and the second being Thordak, from whom they hid while in the Elemental Plane of Fire in "Aramenté to Pyrah" (2x06)).
- Raishan survived the episode that shares her name ("Raishan" (6x11)), whereas Umbrasyl, Vorugal, and Thordak were all killed in their respective episodes ("Umbrasyl" (4x17), "Vorugal" (6x02), and "Thordak" (6x10)).
- Raishan caused more deaths among the members of Vox Machina than any other enemy. She was responsible for the deaths of Vex and Scanlan in "Raishan" (6x11), and of Percy and Scanlan (again) in "The Deceiver's Stand" (6x14).
- ↑ Spelling of "Raishan" confirmed by Matthew Mercer on Twitter.
- ↑ See "Trust" (6x01).
- ↑ See "The Deceiver's Stand" (6x14).
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11).
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 1:00:45.
- ↑ At the time of Raishan's death, her Intelligence and Charisma had both been reduced to 1 as a result of Keyleth's Feeblemind spell. See "The Deceiver's Stand" (6x14).
- ↑ See "The Family Business" (4x09) from 50:00 through 50:52.
- ↑ Matthew Mercer confirmed that Raishan would have been with the Fire Ashari during "Aramenté to Pyrah" (2x06). (source)
- ↑ See "The Family Business" (4x09) from 47:31 through 49:32.
- ↑ See "Omens" (4x01) at 3:51:34.
- ↑ See "Desperate Measures" (4x02) at 1:13:18.
- ↑ See "Desperate Measures" (4x02) at 2:47:53.
- ↑ See "The Frigid Doom" (5x08) at 0:29:05.
- ↑ See "Passed Through Fire" (5x13).
- ↑ See "What Lies Beneath the Surface" (6x12) from 1:46:15 through 1:49:06.
- ↑ See "Trust" (6x01) from 0:12:13 through 1:00:27.
- ↑ See "The Deceiver's Stand" (6x14) from 1:26:56 through 1:27:11.
- ↑ See "Trust" (6x01) at 0:47:49.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 2:18:38.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 0:52:52.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) from 1:44:29 through 1:45:46.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 1:43:34.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (6x02) at 3:20:24.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (6x02) at 3:20:07.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 0:17:23.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 2:12:56.
- ↑ See "The Coming Storm" (6x04) at 0:24:12.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (6x02) at 2:59:16.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) at 1:36:43.
- ↑ See "The Coming Storm" (6x04) at 1:46:55.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (6x02) at 4:42:29.
- ↑ See "Raishan" (6x11) from 0:59:43 through 1:01:27.
- ↑ See "Thordak" (6x10).