About Stillben Edit
Stillben is a shady town built around the Bay of K'Tawl on the shore of the Lucidian Ocean. Surrounded by a sprawling marshland, the air is usually sticky, humid, and uncomfortably warm. The ever-present sound of insects buzzing and distant bird calls mingle with the constant din of creaking wood, grumbling voices, and beasts-of-burden carrying cargo from the docks to the tradelines. Money flows here primarily through a strong textile trade, a dynamic black market (influenced heavily by what ships arrive to port), and a loosely-kept set of laws that can be briefly "purchased" should they stand in someone's (or someone's business's) way. The social atmosphere is relaxed, the nightlife fairly lively, and there's enough work to go around... especially mercenary work.
Notable Places in Stillben Edit
- The Sunset Stride Tavern
- The largest tavern within Stillben, the Sunset Stride is where many of the blue-collar grunts of the local trades come to unwind. Music and laughter permeate the warmly-lit interior, and a large job-board looms over the far wall. The tavern's barkeep is Father Moordek Vart.
- The Vas Estate
- The Vas Estate is a large—but not terribly lavish—mansion built over two hundred years ago by the Vas Lordship, one of the more powerful trade families that have held power in Stillben. The estate was once home to the heir to the Vas family fortune, Fendril Vas, but it is not known what became of the estate, nor the fortune, after Fendril was slain by Vox Machina.
- Vistani: A roving people scattered throughout Tal'Dorei.
- The Myriad: A merchant organization competing with Vas Textiles.
- Cult of Crysa-Thul: A cult that worships a stillborn god named Crysa-Thul.
- ↑ Spelled "Stilben" on Matthew Mercer's Vox Machina Wiki article "Stilben" released before the Critical Role stream began. Spelled "Stillben" on the map of Tal'Dorei. This wiki will use the latter due to the proliferation of the map.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Some of the information on this page was imported from Matthew Mercer's Vox Machina Wiki article, "Stilben".
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) at 0:11.