About Stilben Edit
Stilben is a shady town built around the Bay of K'Tawl on the shore of the Lucidian Ocean. Surrounded by a sprawling marshland, the air is usually sticky, humid, and uncomfortably warm. The ever-present sound of insects buzzing and distant bird calls mingle with the constant din of creaking wood, grumbling voices, and beasts-of-burden carrying cargo from the docks to the tradelines. Money flows here primarily through a strong textile trade, a dynamic black market (influenced heavily by what ships arrive to port), and a loosely-kept set of laws that can be briefly "purchased" should they stand in someone's (or someone's business's) way. The social atmosphere is relaxed, the nightlife fairly lively, and there's enough work to go around... especially mercenary work.
Stilben is a small city with a population of about 9,015. The population is mostly human (70%), but there are a significant amount of elves (10%), halflings (10%), and half-elves (5%) with small amounts of other races scattered about (5%).
Notable Places in Stilben Edit
- The Sunset Stride Tavern
- The largest tavern within Stilben, the Sunset Stride is where many of the blue-collar grunts of the local trades come to unwind. Music and laughter permeate the warmly-lit interior, and a large job-board looms over the far wall. The tavern's barkeep is Father Moordek Vart.
- The Vas Estate
- The Vas Estate is a large—but not terribly lavish—mansion built over two hundred years ago by the Vas Lordship, one of the more powerful trade families that have held power in Stllben. The estate was once home to the heir to the Vas family fortune, Fendril Vas, but it is not known what became of the estate, nor the fortune, after Fendril was slain by Vox Machina.
- Vistani: A roving people scattered throughout Tal'Dorei.
- The Myriad: A merchant organization competing with Vas Textiles.
- Cult of Crysa-Thul: A cult that worships a stillborn god named Crysa-Thul.
- ↑ Official spelling is "Stilben". See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 43.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) at 0:11.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Some of the information on this page was imported from Matthew Mercer's Vox Machina Wiki article, "Stilben".
- ↑ See Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 43.