|This article or section may require cleanup. The spelling, grammar, or formatting may need attention. The content may be out of place, overwritten, and/or contradictory. You can help the Critical Role wiki by reviewing this article and cleaning it up.
Syldor has long, black hair, a pale complexion, and a stern look.
Some time ago, Syldor encountered a human woman and sired two half-elf children with her: Vax'ildan and Vex'ahlia. When the twins were ten years old, Syldor had them brought to Syngorn to live with him. However, Syldor was very distant and cold towards his children, which—combined with the similar attitude of the other elves in the city—led to the twins running away one autumn night.
Several years later, Vex and Vax encountered their father in Emon while doing some odd jobs with the rest of their party, known as Vox Machina. Syldor was in the capital on business as ambassador of Syngorn. However, his contact within the Tal'Dorei Council had gone missing, and he hired the party to find him so that he could get back to work.
"Heredity and Hats" (5x04) Edit
- ↑ Syldor's surname was first revealed when Vox Machina entered Syngorn in the Feywild. See "Into the Feywild" (5x03).
- ↑ Matthew Mercer tweeted the official spellings of Syldor Vessar's first and last names.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Matthew Mercer released a page of his DM notes containing a description of Syldor.
- ↑ From Vax'ildan's intro. See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) from 9:45 through 10:10.
- ↑ From Vex'ahlia's intro. See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) from 11:03 through 11:51.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 6:24 through 7:10.
- ↑ See "Heredity and Hats" (5x04) at 47:15.
- ↑ See "The Echo Tree" (5x07) at 1:34:53. Part of a longer conversation from 1:32:57 through 1:37:00.