|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Tal'Dorei is a kingdom formerly ruled by an emperor, Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei III, alongside a council. Tal'Dorei spans part of a continent, and although humans informally refer to the whole continent as "Tal'Dorei", Matthew Mercer has not revealed the continent's formal name(s).
Notable Locations Edit
- Emon: Capital of Tal'Dorei; home of Vox Machina, Shaun Gilmore, and Allura Vysoren; site of Greyskull Keep and the original Gilmore's Glorious Goods.
- Kraghammer: Underground dwarven citadel; primary source of mithral; home of arcanists of House Thunderbrand.
- Kymal: Hometown of Kaylie; accommodated some refugees from the Chroma Conclave's assault on Westruun.
- Stillben: Small town in Tal'Dorei where Vox Machina met.
- Syngorn: Elf city; home of Vax'ildan and Vex'ahlia's father and half-sister; defensively faded into the Feywild after the Chroma Conclave attacked Tal'Dorei.
- Note: Syngorn had ambassadors to Tal'Dorei, so it may not fall under the sovereignty of Tal'Dorei.
- Westruun: Site of the Cobalt Reserve, a collection of some of the oldest known records of civilization; home to the under-development second Gilmore's Glorious Goods shop (before the Chroma Conclave attacked).
- Whitestone: Isolated city far to the northeast; former home of the de Rolo family; usurped by the evil Briarwoods; subsequently freed by Vox Machina.
There are two illegal drugs in Tal'Dorei. Oloore root is a heavy psychedelic used by druidic cultures, and suude is refined from arcane residuum and causes head rush and enhances senses/magic. The Clasp trafficks oloore root.
Attack of the Chroma Conclave Edit
A group of chromatic dragons called the Chroma Conclave attacked Tal'Dorei (and other parts of the world) in Chapter 4. Sovereign Uriel and several of his council members were slain in the initial attack. Emon and Westruun were severely damaged by the dragons, then further damaged by looters and opportunists, such as the people stealing from Gilmore's Glorious Goods in Emon and the Herd of Storms that sacked Westruun.
Refugees from Westruun were accepted by Kymal and villages nearby, with many of the remaining refugees forming a small tent city in Foramere Basin. Whitestone was not attacked in the initial assault, so Vox Machina transported refugees from Emon and Westruun to the relative safety of Whitestone using Keyleth's Transport via Plants spell.
Other cities were spared the Chroma Conclave's assault. Kraghammer was not attacked, although being mostly subterranean in the mountains afforded it natural protection and isolation. Stillben was not hit, either. Syngorn's defenses were activated, shifting the elven city into the Feywild.