|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
"Test of Pride" (4x13) is the thirteenth episode of the fourth chapter of Critical Role. Scanlan tries to plan a safe escape for his daughter Kaylie, while Grog makes his way to the center of Westruun for the final confrontation with his uncle Kevdak.
- The episode began an hour and eight minutes late due to technical difficulties.
- Wyrmwood Gaming
- Opening sequence from "Best Laid Plans..." (4x12)
Previously on Critical Role Edit
"The party, having found their way back to the city of Westruun, which had been overrun by the herd of roving nomadic tribal barbarians and other such brigands that wander the landscape of Tal'Dorei—that Grog once belonged to—had swooped in and taken Westruun after the Chroma Conclave dragon attack across this countryside. The party have devised a plan to find their way into the town—or at least one of them would—distract a cluster of these individuals, these goliaths, pulling them out of the city into a large pit that had been hidden after being carved by the druid Keyleth.
"Scanlan went in to be the distraction, becoming invisible, leaping into the center of the main town square, right in front of the Margrave's house, where apparently the leader of this clan, Kevdak—who has a long history with Grog—resides. As part of this distraction, Scanlan released a Thunderwave, and in doing so unknowingly also revealed himself as the Invisibility spell went away. He had an entire cluster of very angry looking individuals bear down on him, managed to escape thanks to Dimension Door, twice, and made his way into the partially ruined Temple of Erathis, where he came face to face with a number of refugee Westruun villagers, and Dr. Dranzel, and Kaylie."
Part I Edit
Part II Edit
Featured Characters Edit
Vox Machina Edit
- Percival de Rolo
- Scanlan Shorthalt
- Grog Strongjaw
- Pike Trickfoot
- Suda:[spelling?] A goliath, a little younger than Grog, with a heavy scar stretching from his chin down his neck and sternum. He recognized Grog despite Grog's deceptive impersonation of a dead Stonejaw Strongjaw. Killed by Grog.
- Seer Greenbeard: One of the older seers, who has one eye that is completely clouded over, white, with a pus-filled socket that has been perpetually infected over time. He has a thick, moss-like crust that has gathered under his neck due to his infection, leading to his name of "Greenbeard".
- Travis, in Grog's voice: "I'm no fuckin' Gungan!"
- Grog: "It would be such a shame... It seems all of you would be missin' out on the greatest show of your life. You see, in this bag, I carry the very thing that would topple the mighty Kevdak. You know what I remember? I remember a herd that nations used to part for. I remember a herd that towns used to quake and run from. I remember a herd that was so proud and dangerous they would never hole up in a shit-stink city like this! But what do I see when I come here? Kevdak—prancing up in a place like this, and what? Bending a knee to a dragon? How far you have fallen. Now, if you have any honor in you at all, you'll take me to Kevdak, and you will see what I have for him, and then maybe, just maybe, you can call yourselves warriors again instead of piss-pot squatters!"
External Links Edit