Tieflings are humanoids with fiendish or demonic ancestry. This results in the presence of an array of demonic features being present in any given tiefling. Horns, tails, claws, scales, wings, and fangs are demonic trademarks, although their appearance and ancestry does not necessarily mean that tieflings are evil themselves.
Because of their striking appearances, tieflings are often discriminated against. As a result, many tieflings live their lives as hermits or outcasts. In rare cases, tieflings might form enclaves among themselves.
In societies that are more tolerant, tieflings tend to adopt the culture of their parents, and live normally.
Alignment and Religion Edit
Despite their fiendish heritage and the insidious influence of prejudice, tieflings can be of any alignment. Some accept their demonic blood and live their lives relatively unhindered by the stigma of being a demon-spawn. Others, however, might loathe their condition, or succumb to a dark, ancestral call and become twisted beings.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Many tieflings are very intelligent and can inherently speak many languages. Tieflings are resistant to cold, electricity, and fire. Based on their physiology, some tieflings can bite, claw, leap, or sprint. Some tieflings have scales that provide armor, or a flexible tail that can carry items and grapple foes.
Known Tieflings Edit
- Zahra: A powerful warlock who fought alongside Vox Machina to slay a white dragon.
- Huntmaster Vanessa Cyndrial: The mysterious matron of the Slayer's Take guild.
- Lillith Anioska Daturai: A tiefling wizard, specializing in the School of Illusion, and a cousin of Zahra.
- Uten: A jeweler, working together with his business partner, Senokir, in a small jewelry shop, known as the Flame Garden, in the City of Brass.
- The Broker: A bounty hunter hired to capture Lillith Daturai by Lillith's sisters. Killed by Percy.
- Whitney: A member of the Air Ashari.
External Links Edit
- Tiefling on the Forgotten Realms Wikia (Forgotten Realms lore is not canon to Critical Role)