- This page is about the actor. For the character from a one-shot campaign, see Travis Willingham (character).
|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
Travis Willingham (@willingblam) is a voice actor. He plays the character Grog Strongjaw on Critical Role. He also played a fictional version of himself in "Critical Role EXTRA – Liam's Quest!" (Sx12) and Tarvis in "Critical Role Extra – The Return of Liam!" (Sx15).
Matthew Mercer's Pathfinder campaign, which evolved into Critical Role, was Travis's first time playing a pen-and-paper RPG. Travis chose to be a goliath barbarian because he wanted to be a big character that liked to drink and fight a lot.
Laura Bailey, who plays Vex'ahlia in Critical Role, is married to Travis in real life. During a campaign session, the party encountered a room full of traps, so Travis used Grog to slap Trinket's behind, sending Vex's beloved companion charging through the traps and suffering significant damage. Travis didn't realize how upset Laura would become or how attached she was to her imaginary bear, and she allegedly made Travis sleep on the couch that night when they went home.
Critical Role Edit
Travis's frequent, sometimes-calm and sometimes-dramatic, use of the phrase "I would like to rage" became an early and long-standing catchphrase for Grog and for all of Critical Role. It inspired multiple works of fan-made art and apparel. Other notable quotes include "I have an intelligence of 6; I know what I'm doing."
When asked if he could be any character besides Grog, Travis jokingly said he would be Trinket.
- ↑ See "The Family Business" (4x09) from 0:02:17 through 0:03:06.
- ↑ See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) at 0:41:21.
- ↑ See "Critical Role Q&A and Battle Royale!" (Sx08) from 1:13:38 through 1:14:05.
- ↑ See "Arrival at Kraghammer" (1x01) at 0:41:22.
- ↑ See "Test of Pride" (4x13) at 2:13:00.
- ↑ See "Aramenté to Pyrah" (2x06) from 1:08:45 through 1:10:20.