|This article or section may require cleanup. The spelling, grammar, or formatting may need attention. The content may be out of place, overwritten, and/or contradictory. You can help the Critical Role wiki by reviewing this article and cleaning it up.
Sections needing work: - Episode-by-episode
Zahra is a red tiefling with long curved horns, white hair, and pale eyes. She fights with an iron staff featuring four dragons carved at the end holding a moonstone planet in their mouths. When asked about the staff, Zahra mentioned that she made it herself.
Over time she began to warm to Vox Machina and became much less distant, eventually becoming both an ally and a friend. Zahra is very sure-footed, passionate and quick witted. She is easily moved by tragedy and holds empathy to those trapped or imprisoned.
Zahra came from a dark, mountainous area far away from Vasselheim. She lived in a castle with her father, a dark wizard who kept her in a cage. Her father was eventually killed and Zahra was left alone in the woods.
Her first time being outside after her father died was at night, and when she looked up at the moon it sung to her and saved her life, which she was in awe of. This was presumably her patron, who's heavily linked to the moon.
"Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) Edit
Zahra, along with Lyra, was a guest party member with half of Vox Machina. Together, they were required to find and slay an adult white dragon in order to gain entrance to the Slayer's Take, a hunting guild in Vasselheim. Zahra was initially met with distrust by many members of the group, most especially Vex'ahlia. When the party set up shifts for guarding their camp, Vex firmly insisted that she take the same watch as Zahra, not wanting the party to be left vulnerable. This led to a conversation where the two bonded over lost parents and hardships in their childhoods.
"Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) Edit
"Crimson Diplomacy" (3x02) Edit
Zahra sent her cousin Lillith to Vox Machina in order to seek refuge and help.
"Return to Vasselheim" (4x05) Edit
"The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) Edit
Kashaw and Zahra helped Vox Machina recover one of the Vestiges of the Divergence from the sunken tomb of Purvan Suul. When Vex'ahlia died from a trap in the tomb, Zahra administered a healing potion, but it had no effect. During Kashaw's ritual to resurrect her, Zahra aided by calling on her patron.
"Those Who Walk Away" (4x07) Edit
"A Cycle of Vengeance" (5x02) Edit
"The Siege of Emon" (6x09) Edit
"What Lies Beneath the Surface" (6x12) Edit
"Vecna, the Ascended" (8x15) Edit
Zahra and Kashaw, riding a pair of wyverns, arrived at Entropis during Vox Machina's battle against Vecna. The duo managed to help out a bit, with Zahra attacking the newly risen deity and Kashaw healing the wounded members of Vox Machina. However, Zahra, Kashaw, and their wyverns were soon targeted by one of Vecna's Hold Monster spells, paralyzing all four of them. They were last seen falling past the tower, down into the mist below and out of sight.
"The Chapter Closes" (8x16) Edit
Kashaw revealed that Zahra is pregnant with their child.
Kashaw developed a deep respect and familial love for Zahra. He said that she saved his life even though she didn't have to, and that she has shown him what it means to have family.
Character Information Edit
Eldritch Invocations Edit
- Hold Monster
- Mass Suggestion
- Finger of Death
Notable Items Edit
- Cloak of the Bat: In dim light or darkness, allows the wearer to fly and, once per day, polymorph oneself. Used in "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) for both purposes.
- Dark Staff
Moonhammer: Crafted by Zahra. Gifted to Grog in "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06).
Arrow of Dragon-Slaying: Crafted by Zahra for Vex after their fight with Rimefang. Given to Vex in "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06).
- Zahra is one of three guest player characters (the others being Kerrek and Tova) to have achieved a How do you want to do this?
- In the Critical Role Major Arcana Tarot Card Set, she represents XVIII - The Moon.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #5: 'The Siege of Emon'" (TMx05).
- ↑ Zahra's stat card was shown onscreen. Her spell DC was calculated from the D&D Player's Handbook, 5th ed., p. 107, and does not account for potential DC-modifying items or blessings. See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) at 0:25:33.
- ↑ Zahra's level 13 stats were shown onscreen. See "The Siege of Emon" (6x09) at 2:28:07.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 1:18:47.
- ↑ See "Critical Role Q&A and Battle Royale!" (Sx08) at 52:39.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) from 3:23:26 through 3:26:23.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (3x02) at 2:20:00.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) at 4:25:22.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) at 4:29:19.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 2:20:22. Zahra used her Beast Speech ability.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (6x09).
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 1:58:12. Zahra casts Eldritch Blast.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (6x09) at 3:02:29. Zahra casts Light.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 0:38:04. Zahra casts Mending.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 2:01:32. Zahra casts Thaumaturgy.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) at 3:23:00. Zahra casts Hellish Rebuke.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 1:58:02. Zahra casts Hex.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) at 2:12:46. Zahra casts Witch Bolt.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (2x02) at 1:03:58. Zahra casts Suggestion.
- ↑ See "The Siege of Emon" (6x09) at 3:45:52. Zahra casts Evard's Black Tentacles.
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) at 0:55:40. Zahra casts Polymorph.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (2x03) at 0:30:27. Zahra casts Mass Suggestion.
- ↑ See "Vecna, the Ascended" (8x15). Zahra casts Finger of Death.
- ↑ See "Critical Role Q&A and Battle Royale!" (Sx08).
- ↑ See "The Sunken Tomb" (4x06) at 4:43:18.